PhotoShelter Buyer Survey 2008

Been reading this today, the PhotoShelter Buyer Survey 2008, in fact it has made its way back home with me to mull over. There are a few inconsistencies that I've noticed in it too, mainly around the availability/quality/diversity graph. So in an effort to get some gems out of it, I've taken the data (as best I can from the graphs they provide) and rehashed it, first a different take on the quality analysis...



This shows a slightly different order to the graph in the survey but matches up pretty well. I have ordered it according to the most "poor" rating + least "strong" rating.

If you add into this analysis the demand for each subject area you end up with a Gartner-style quadrant. This shows that although there is a lack of good quality images of, say, Seniors - there actually isn't a lot of demand for it. The hot tickets are business, diversity and healthcare, the areas to avoid are animals and celebs [for stock], so I'm off to find a group of oriental nurses to take pictures of!

No comments: