Alamy Measures Stats July 2008


Last month was both my best and my worst. Alamy took the opportunity to re-rank their contributors and because of my lack of zooms and sales in the preceding period they have downgraded both my pseudonyms. That is quite a blow as my CTR was rising and I reached the 200 picture mark. At the same time, last month I made my first sales! I sold two pictures, the first picture twice (once for a printed folder and once for an associated web page) and the second picture for an educational book. The second one is intriguing, and I've posted it here, because I can't think of an educational use for such a specific image.

What I do know is that John Lewis this weekend announced a fall in profits so the same image got quite a few views over the weekend but alas no other sales as yet (fingers crossed that the papers used it and will report the use in due course). It is not a very exciting image (slight understatement!!! and remember, with a D100 I don't even get to crop!) but I am proud of the sale nonetheless, after all, I must have got the keywording right!

Without further ado, here is my view of Alamy for the month of July:

Proportion of searches for:

1 word = 13% , average of 17.21 pages viewed
2 words = 43% , average of 11.93 pages viewed
3 words = 29% , average of 6.09 pages viewed
4 words = 10% , average of 6.15 pages viewed
5+ words = 6% , average of 11.02 pages viewed
The John Lewis customer collections depot in Reading, Berkshire, showing delivery vans
The John Lewis customer collections depot
in Reading, Berkshire, showing delivery vans

Total number of pictures at end of month: 206
Number of sales for month: 3
Average number of my pictures viewed matching query: 2.43
Total average CTR for searches in which my images appeared: 1.43%
My CTR: 0.63%

Proportion of searches for:

5 letter words 18.72%
7 letter words 14.87%
4 letter words 14.62%
6 letter words 12.82%
3 letter words 11.79%
8 letter words 11.03%
2 letter words 5.13%
9 letter words 5.13%
10 letter words 2.56%
11 letter words 1.54%
12 letter words 1.28%
13 letter words 0.26%
17 letter words 0.26%

Most popular words (top 5 in each position):

First word: Cape, coastal, berkshire, Edinburgh, mudeford
Second word: and, town, bin, erosion, boat
Third word: uk, bin, table, south, bag
Fourth word: uk, mountain, africa, and, station

No comments: