No more recycling bins? I beg to differ

I was saddened to see that there is a glut of wind turbines in stock photography in the PhotoShelter Buyer Survey 2008. We recently visited Holland where wind turbines are 'de rigueur' and we both find them quite fascinating, and on top of that, I have a great opportunity living in Reading where there is an 'urban' wind turbine which towers over the M4 - I was hoping that it would be useful as an example of how wind turbines can be sited in commercial/retail areas without detracting from the area - it appears as though it is in the CostCo car park!

The Ecotricity wind turbine, Reading, Berkshire, UK
The Ecotricity wind turbine, Reading, Berkshire, UK.
The turbine was designed by Norman Foster
and towers over the M4 at J11


What does surprise me is that the buyer survey said "no more recycling bins" and yet, in the UK at least, I get searches every day for recycling bins. I don't know quite what the buyers are looking for and I'm not the one getting the zooms. I can reassure you that my recycling bin has given a property release and doesn't expect a cut of any sales.

No comments: