Japan Photobook

I've finished the photobook and it has arrived. I am a little dissappointed with the finish but not so much as to complain to Cewe-Photoworld who produced it. Some pages show faint magenta and green banding across the whole page and the amount of sharpening they have used is more than I would have liked (my images are unsharpened for Alamy and Cewe don't give you control over it - rightly, as you can't judge it unless you know the printer they are using)

Before I archived the original files I took screenshots of the book layout in order to show a preview of it to my friends. Here are some highlights (below - or watch the slideshow)...the real thing runs to 84 pages! Most of the full page bleeds are available on Alamy in my portfolio, here.

I chose the XL Picture Hardcover book and so these double-page spreads are 60cm wide, the quality of the D300 images is fabulous, and it especially shines in some of the night shots which were all shot handheld at up to 1600 ISO with the wonderful 16-85 Nikkor VR lens (except for the A-bomb dome which was one of only two occasions that the tripod got used).

P.S. I'm still keywording the Japan images, but as of this afternoon, I will have 500 images live on Alamy, hooray!

Photobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook LayoutsPhotobook Layouts

No comments: